This site is being developed to show current and historical images of this ancient Parish, along with up to the minute local information.

Some of these pages might take a while to load, especially on dialup - please be patient!

Highlighted items in contents column have recently been updated.  

Woodbury Parish, which incorporates the villages of Woodbury, Woodbury Salterton and Exton, is currently one of the largest parishes in Devon. It encompasses much of Woodbury Common - an area of outstanding natural beauty-and enjoys a thriving community spirit rooted in the church and chapel, in the school and in agriculture. In days of old the parish was frequented by Sir Francis Drake, and a chapel dedicated to the memory of the Drake family is situated in St Swithun’s Church.

Reading Matter:

“Woodbury, A View from The Beacon” - Ursula Brighouse 1998.                  “Woodbury Parish 1894 - 1994, Living a Century of Change” - Sally & Ramsay Elliott.
“Woodbury, The Twentieth Century Revisited” - Roger Stokes 1999.
This  book is now out of print, but can be acquired as an e-book from Halsgrove at £24.99
"A Woodbury Triumph" (The Golf Course battle 1971) - Margaret Wilson 2004

If you have arrived here by certain links and come to a dead end Click Here to continue.

This site was created by Roger Stokes. and was last updated: 9.11.17